March 24, 2018

Space-Themed Bit Figs Invade Pockets This Spring!

Long time fictional bogeymen of the blog and independent toy pioneers, Onell Design, have not missed a beat when it comes to keeping things new and interesting with their Bit Figs mini-figure line.  Animals have reached a Series 3 and a good number of limited edition one-offs remain available for those who are looking to extend their Glyos-compatible collections.  In the coming days, they are looking to expand once more.

Returning to their roots, Onell is introducing their Space Big Figs, inspired from original characters from their Glyos figure line.  This is certainly an interesting and a celebratory time for Onell, Bit Figs, and their collectors.  Not only have these figs seen a revitalization in the vending machine market, but now is the moment the training wheels come off.  This set, at least the three teased to be a part of the set, are original designs, not chibi ninjas or animals that any kid can immediately relate to, and I'm excited to see where this path leads for them.  And it doesn't just go one way either.  Glyos collectors will now have their bridge into Bit Figs and mini-figures, as a whole, so it seems everyone wins.

Since my time in the independent toy scene, Glyos stuff and myself have always had a weird connection.  It felt close to something I would have liked, but because they were multi-parted figures, intended to be swapped and customized, even though made from the same general material modern keshi-style mini-figures were being produced with, I kept my distance.  That was until Bit Figs came around and I bought up a good deal.  I had ordered the bronze sets of animals and ninja, and found a vending machine locally to sacrifice my pocket change to, however neither set really sunk their teeth into me.  Maybe now it can.  Maybe rekindling that interest I had when I first discovered Glyos, with those times I was back and forth to whether or not I was going to dive in.  Maybe now I can confidently say I'm interested in Glyos now.

If you're interested as well, the five piece set of Space Bit Figs will be up for grabs, Sunday, March 25th at 9:30 PM ET on the Culture Pirates web-store.


No comments:

Post a Comment