June 13, 2018

Violence Toy Unleashes Monitorr the Gorekeeper Set!

I'm apologizing once more, for being such a ghost around these parts.  I hope again, I don't repeat this line so many times, it spawns into a meme or something.  Trust me, when I say, it's tough to watch so many great reveals and releases span across social media and not rush to the computer to share my opinions.  With so many great products, I wonder if the reason I stall out sometimes with certain new articles is that I wouldn't have much to add besides 'Hey, this is great!'  Maybe I need to feel I'm bringing something new or different to the discussion to really compel the keyboard into my hands, and what I saw today is certainly doing that.

Violence Toy, purveyors of the brutal battle-mutants, The Gorelords, just released something rather interesting:  the keeper of the lords!

As a purist of keshi goodness, I have certainly snubbed my nose to every toy format not adhering to strict and holy guidelines of keshi purity (if this string of words makes even the slightest of sense to you, seek help), be that vinyl, sofubi, plush, or even keshi stretching out of the two-inch range or slug mold casting.   Tons of great toys of many types have found great scorn by yours truly, and honestly, in a different context, this one should too, but Violence Toy innovates just enough to fool a moronic toy collector.

Although not made from traditional keshi materials, Violence Toys' latest release, Monitorr the Gorekeeper, is presented as a vessel and carrying container for a set of Gorelords that come packaged with this disgusting skull.  Twist a hidden compartment on the bottom off, and it's hollow insides are exposed to pack in the rest of your mini uglies.  And it's this little extra bit of consideration, matched with the included set of Muscle flesh tone mini-figures, that has me with a thumbs up.

Storage may not be as integral of an aspect to keshi as other collectibles, where they are rather small and pretty durable to everything, with some exceptions.  I'm sure many use shoe boxes, dusty shelves, two hundred gallon fish tanks, or whatever is necessary to get the job done, but storage, at a small scale has always been an iconic image and theme with the mini-figures.  MUSCLE had their trash cans.  Trash Pack and Grossery Gang mini-figures have their variety of gross vessels.  Pokemon have their balls.  Monster Rancher has their yellow cream cheese containers, but maybe I'm the only one that remembers them.  And let's not forget every gachapon and vending machine toy out there rattling within a plastic capsule.  Now, The Gorelords have their own, and that's an awesome thing.

The first twenty sets of a series of one hundred are released today on the Violence Toy website.  Asking for forty shells plus shipping seems like a pretty nice bargain too, with that price broken across thirteen pieces.  Take a look, within a book, trademarked slogan and all that.

https://violencetoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment