September 9, 2018

Super 7's MUSCLE Mega Man Vs Shadow Devil Set Review!

With a little extra cash in my pocket, I took to forums, social media, and auction sites to find some goodies I had missed.  Sadly, what I found was the best stuff and the hottest stuff had instantly sold out when it dropped, and the inconvenience of having some spending dough now not then had me looking for things with big production numbers.  Who really in the west has that in spades than Super 7 right now?

I do a little search here and there, come across their new She-Ra Keshi Surprise stuff and I fall instantly in love.  That's going to be some stuff I cover very soon, but I also find that there was a Loot Crate exclusive Mega Man MUSCLE product too, so I figure for the sake of limited edition-ness, I should check that out first.

The product I find is a two figure set called Mega Man vs. Shadow Devil, and I'm really interested.  It seemed it should be affordable enough to patronize my interest, but also be a pretty solidly-themed product for those just getting into Mega Man MUSCLE.  From the pictures alone, I loved the hulking size of the Shadow Devil compared to the blue bomber, and it was only a matter of time before I scored my own through auction.

I recently received it, shredded the packaging regardless of limited edition, and got my hands on my very first Mega Man MUSCLE's from Super 7.

Out of the gate, I loved the colors, but something really didn't feel right with Mega Man.  Actually, to be frank, there wasn't a whole right with the main man and namesake of this series.  The color was nice, but the sculpt was really flat, only looking nice in the packaging it came in.  Pulling it out and checking it out from different angles did it no justice, as if the 2D nature of the game was something they were actively trying to preserve.  To make matters worse, my Mega Man couldn't even stand up, as his feet were bent in a way that made his already lack of depth even harder to balance.  Take a look at these images on the side.  It's hard not to be disappointed when it's staring you right in the face.  The shadow devil was pretty cool, however not really as flexible as I had imagined, but that wasn't the biggest of flaws here.

I've been singing Super 7's praises for some time now, but admittedly, all from a distance.  I certainly can't appreciate it enough that they have produced so much keshi-inspired products in the last few years to keep interests high, here in the west, but quality can't be this low, can it?

I'm not going to let one mini-figure sink the whole ship here, but maybe I can see why this was shipped to Loot Crate and packaged the way it was.  Certainly not the finest of their work, as I'm guessing their better sculpts are reserved for their sets closer to their store's vest.  Further investigation is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment