February 10, 2015

Keshi Weekend Recovery!

Boy, let me tell you, what a crazy week it was for toy collectors and me particularly.  Of course, across the Pacific, Japan was enjoying the first Wonderfest for 2015, and in the States, October Toys was doing their annual marathon, 24 Hour Toy Break.  Not to mention, plenty of keshi were being released all across the globe.

I did what I could, but I'll tell you, the marathon just drained me completely.  Even so, I completely forgot about that amazing Punk Drunkers x Onion Fights keshi that I wanted so much.  By the time I remembered the next day, it was long sold out.  My heart is broken, but now, I have a goal for this year.  I will find that keshi in my collection.

Besides that, however, everything else was really fun.  It felt, even super far away from Japan and even California, there was something of a keshi convention going on everywhere on the Internet.  Instagram was on fire with convention photos and the 24 Toy Break stream was fun to watch from start to finish.  I really tried to stay up for the entire time, but I failed a little here and there.  I even bought a four-pack of energy drinks, but a couple cans of that stuff in and I had a massive headache, so it was working against me.  Soon, I had my eyes closed and turned from the screen just so my head wasn't pounding, and then... I woke up a few hours later.

Even missing a couple hours, I think I scored a fine haul.  Every release October Toys had in limited quantities I was able to snag before they sold out.  I even angrily bought the quasar set I had my eye on, just for missing that Punk Drunker.  And as an even better ending to the weekend, I was able to purchase the new set of Kinnikuman X Georgia Coffee promotional keshi figures.

Overall, it was a great time.  It very much felt like a convention, which makes me want to travel to Designer Con this fall or all the way to WonderFest someday as well.  It was fun, but boy, have I been tired.  Completely wiped out.  Even fully rested, I was overwhelmed by the keshi/toy world, I just couldn't really think straight about adding anything to the website, but I'm certainly fine to go now and I can't wait to do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment