March 29, 2015

Keshi Drop's 100th Post! Thank You!

It's crazy to imagine it was only last fall since I started this website, but we are already up to 100 poorly-written, uneducated, ramblings about keshi minifigures!  And for those still okay about beating that dead horse, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

I do have to take this time to reflect and give thanks, as much as that's sort of cliche.  When I first started this, I barely knew anything about keshi figures outside what I already did as a kid, when I first owned them.  Actually, 100 posts later, and I still don't think I got anywhere closer to knowing everything, but it's been a fun ride full of unexpected thrills all the same.

My only reason starting the blog to begin with, at first, was just to have my own little space in the world to rant and ramble about stuff I just felt wouldn't be suitable for toy forums.  There was a lot of stuff I had thoughts of, not all positive, and I didn't feel entirely qualified to share them openly.  I opened this blog as a way to jot them all down, ironically, with the intention of no one ever finding it.

That's where you came in.  With every view, comment, and email, I learned my radical opinions weren't all that insane, and my private posts were being read by more and more people as the days passed.  I am eternally grateful for the success you've given my accidental blog thus far.  I'm not sure what the correct number of clicks or views are for normal blogs, but for mine, I think it's astronomical and I have everyone to thank, from reading it all, or just stopping by once.  It doesn't matter.  I'm just glad you stopped by and gave it a shot.

Over the past 100 posts, you've given me crazy new things to experience that I never would have imagined starting up, most of which, I admit, were pretty scary.  I would be lying if I said I didn't go to my girlfriend multiple times, shouting in a panic about something that's happened here, behind the scenes.  Whether I saw a giant spike in readers one day or was being showcased on another website as some keshi guru, I was on the other side of this screen holding it together as poorly as I could manage.

Of course, without a doubt, the highlight of the past 100 posts here was being able to interview Mark Vasquez of the Mystical Warriors of the Ring and being able to have one of the coolest reads from one of the coolest dudes.  Let's be honest, I did 5% of that article, if that.  Mark did the rest and it still stands as the most popular piece on this website to this very day, and I have him to thank for that.  I came harshly against MWOTR's Evolution prototypes, even spent the majority of a week writing post after post pegging the new Goliath figure, condemning it for how far it's strayed away from what I thought made MWOTR so awesome.  Not only did Mark give me the interview when he should have told me to get lost, he changed my mind on what could arguably be a contender for the most anticipated, if not best, independent keshi release this year.  I don't have to tell you how much of a success Goliath was.  He sold out within hours, and Mark, maybe out of spite, but hey, who could blame him, gave me a front row seat to it all, humble pie buffet and everything!

It's been a crazy awesome 100 posts so far, and I look forward to write hundreds more.  There's more I want to do here to make things a bit more professional-looking and to take it to that next step. Again, I want to thank my friends, family, and everyone who I've worked with or just stopped by for a quick read.  I couldn't have done any of this without you.  Maybe it's dumb to bring it up, even if 100 posts isn't a big milestone for most places, but it means a lot to me.  Thanks again!

-SpiderEarth

No comments:

Post a Comment