May 3, 2015

Candie Bolton x Toy Art Gallery Minifigure Prototypes!

Shown off on her Instagram, these prototypes come of the mind of Candie Bolton and might just the out-of-nowhere star of the year.

As a collaboration with Toy Art Gallery, this eastern-inspired gacha-style mini-figure set already look full of life and expression, even in this stage of development.

I particularly enjoy the dragon-looking character, shown first in the first still, who reminds me of my dog with his ears set back.

I'm usually not into sofubi toys in general, even mini-figures.  As you could guess, I love the weight and density of keshi rubber or PVC, but I'm not sure I can resist the curiosity of checking out at least one of these guys when they hit shelves.

It's perfectly understandable, where these guys are so influenced by traditional Japanese art, to also use traditional Japanese toy formats like sofubi vinyl.  It's a no-brainer as a toy developer for sure, just to complete the package, but maybe will enough interest we can get a keshi version too.  Crazier things can happen!

Check out other wares from Candie's store here!

No comments:

Post a Comment