April 26, 2015

Rumbbell Exercise Gummi Mini-Figures!

London's ToyConUK also happened this weekend, loading this last weekend full of news and releases, most I'm sure I have unfortunately missed.

One particular overlooked piece was a new colorway for Jeff Lamm's Greasebat & Friends Gummies that Unbox Industries released some time ago.  I certainly need to find more details on these, because it's one set I've always been interested in, yet haven't owned.  It did remind me to click over to the Unbox Industries site, however, just to see what was going on, and I'm glad I did.

I have never heard of Ryan Lee's Rumbbell character before, but certainly, there's a lot to like about him, especially in two-inch keshi form.  Whether you pick up individual blind boxes or the complete set box, you know these fitness guys can fit in with any collection.  I particularly love the sea-foam green color, with the half-and-half skeleton being the top choice of mine to pull out of a blind box.  I also find the human pyramid one pretty interesting as well.

My single criticism, however, would be the grey bases or possibly fitness mats.  The Yoga Joes incorporated yoga mats into the base of their figures, and while I don't find it the most aesthetically pleasing, it fit the theme.  Random weight lifting doesn't quite fool me into letting these fitness mats pass, especially when the push-up pose missed out, so it leaves me feeling the mats where much of an afterthought to counterbalance weight distribution with the actual miniature.  Anyone can see, from the size and shape of the character's head, that it could very well be a challenge to sculpt in miniature form, but I feel its something worth working to accomplish before accepting bases.

Now I don't mean to sound like I don't like these guys, because I do, just don't let Funko beat you to the game, if they can balance their big-head-small-body Pop vinyls and you can't.  Hopefully this is not the case, though, and it's merely for displaying purpose's for these photos.  I'd love to grab a couple and find out myself.

You can too at this link!
http://store.unboxindustries.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment