October 31, 2014

Toy Haul 10/31/14!

Happy Halloween, fellow Earthlings, and today we are opening another package sent in for purist examination and slanted, half-educated, opinions only I know how.  Today is a special, not-so-special, Completely Unrelated to Halloween version of Toy Haul.  The mailman just happened to deliver it today.  Spoooooooky stuff!

A while ago, I think early last spring or summer I helped fund a Kickstarter called Kaiju Kaos by Acheson Creations.  The creator of it was a regular forum member of October Toys' forum and Littlerubberguys, and I felt, sure, why not.  I wasn't going to go all-in, but I'll throw in for a couple minis and see what happens.  And in all honesty, I kinda forgot about it until today.

I received a small box and inside it was two yellow keshi miniatures and a few cards.  They are minifigures for Kaiju Kaos game that got funded, but I just bought the figures separately.  If I hear good things about the board game, maybe I'll go back and see if there is any for sale later.  But it didn't take long for me to be completely blown away by the figures inside the box.  One was yellow and the other was clear yellow, both were made of a harder plastic than usual.  In fact, I was so impressed, I think I enjoy this hardness over the convention.  The sculpts are fun and neat and the minifigures came really clean and professional.

I just love these two.  So much, I sort of wished I backed more of the project, but right now, I am just glad I was a part of it in any form.  These two will be instantly in the main collection, and I will certainly be keeping an eye for more of this independent toy maker's work.

For more information, check out his website here!

And of course, to check out any other projects you may love, check out Kickstarter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment